Tuesday, April 11, 2017

The Lazy Weekend

It has been a terribly long week, so when the weekend came, I decided to take it slow this time. There were a few errands to run and important events to go to, but I basically let the weekend drift and made sure I had plenty of rest. Went to several locations to get some shots that I have had in mind, and I treated myself to some good coffee and comfort food. We deserve to pamper ourselves once in a while.

The thought of making a photobook has always been at the back of my mind. This was an experimental print I did for a compilation of of my street photography shots. I still want to produce the photobooks and make it available for sale but I think the biggest challenge is to make it affordable or at the price point that everyone agrees with. By keeping the price down, I do need to restrict the number of photos in the book and also compromising print quality. This photobook idea will be shelved for this moment. 



I have always had a thin for deep blue skies and there is nothing better to clear the mind than climbing up to a tall place and overlook the city skyline against the dramatic blue sky. 

Shades of Orange

Starburst

The Tower In Between
Found this framing, thought it worked well to draw attention to the famous KLCC Twin Towers, though only one of the towers can be seen in this shot. 

Lady in Red

The Bus Conductor

Clashing Lines

Matching Sweatshirts

Heavy Breakfast

Camera of the Day, the venerable E-M10 Mark II





9 comments :

  1. As you are familiar with sales and merchandising in one form or another, the saleability of an item is affected by desire, perceived value and price/cost. In many cases, once you hit the constraint of price/cost, you have no wriggle room. If you take that out of the equation and work on desire and perceived value, anything cane be sold. I saw in NZ, a wall sized photo, presented in a shop that would cost the price of a car. Obviously, the photog and the gallery owner think that is going to be sold one day. Or it serves another purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What did you investigate with regards to a photo book? Print on demand using Blurb, etc.? A couple of years ago I created a B&W Blurb photo book, but even with the better recommended paper for B&W the photo quality sucked big time. I had to pay for one book and to have them ship it to me in Japan the cost doubled. Very, very disappointed when I finally got it more than a month later. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sad to hear the project is on 'hold.'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Robin,

    Can you tell me the Camera & lens used in "Shades of Orange" & "Heavy Breakfast" pictures, If possible with the settings ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you considered a gofundme for your book? I'm sure your fans would love it! But then you'd have to charge extra for international postage for those living outside of Malaysia which might rack up the cost a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used Blurb once for a 10-run of little photobooks, nothing to write about, but many pointed me to Magcloud...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blurb Adds MagCloud, an On-Demand Magazine and Digital Publishing Business, to Its Portfolio

    "Blurb, the indie book publishing platform, today announced that MagCloud, HP's web-based publishing platform, will become part of Blurb under a licensing agreement between the companies."

    http://www.blurb.com/press-releases/2014-05-05

    ReplyDelete
  8. HOW I WAS RESCUED BY A GOD FEARING LENDER {jonesloaninvestment@hotmail.com}

    Hello everyone, I am Oliver Johnson Moore from Zurich Switzerland and want to use this medium to express gratitude to EDWARD JONES for fulfilling his promise by granting me a loan, i was stuck in a financial situation and needed to refinance and pay my bills as well as start up a Business. I tried seeking for loans from various loan firms both private and corporate organisations but never succeeded and most banks declined my credit request. But as God would have it, i was introduced by a friend named Lisa Rice to EDWARD JONES LOAN COMPANY and undergone the due process of obtaining a loan from the company, to my greatest surprise within 28hrs just like my friend Lisa, i was also granted a loan of $387,000.00; So my advise to everyone who desires a loan, "if you must contact any firm with reference to securing a loan online with low interest rate of 2% and better repayment plans/schedule, please contact EDWARD JONES LOAN COMPANY. Besides, he doesn't know that am doing this but due to the joy in me, i'm so happy and wish to let people know more about this great company whom truly give out loans, it is my prayer that GOD should bless them more as they put smiles on peoples faces. You can contact them via email on {jonesloaninvestment@hotmail.com} or Text +1(240) 686-5090 and you can view our webpage on https://jonesloanfinance.wixsite.com/loan

    ReplyDelete