Threesome Awesomeness

5 Comments
I have been going through my old photographs published on this blog to construct a coherent photo story to tell. That process of editing is going to take some time, and as curating a large body of work is never easy. Nonetheless, I was inspired by recent photography friends, such as Raja Indra Putra who painstakingly spent a lot of effort and time to shoot and arrange his photographs in consistent and cohesive themes. My first attempt of such categorization was in my recent series "red" where I found plenty of dominant red photographs which was an irony because red has always been the colour I tried very hard to avoid. 

"Three" is another rare occurrence, since I normally have very simple rules for composition: one subject with one plain background. One story, or one idea to get across. I understand that strong photographs are much more complex than this, and I should push myself to evolve beyond simplicity as my main philosophy in photography. Nevertheless, it was a fun process finding all the "three" photographs and believe it or not, NONE of these photographs were planned or arranged in any manner, I merely spotted and found them as they were. I think that is the beauty of photography, both in the sense that you can choose to create a photograph entirely out of your own visualization, or the complete opposite, you go and find opportunities and shoot them. 

Three Foreign Workers



Three Traditional Dancers 

Three Golden Statues of Hindu Gods

Three Punpkins

Three Broken Windoes

Three Transparent Raincoats

Three Raised Cheerleaders

Three Pedestrians

Three E-P1s

Three Plastic Heads

Three Harley Quinns

Three Naked Mannequins 

Three Bulbs

Three Bottles 

Three Men Apart

Three Trolleys

Three Ties

Three School Girls




5 comments:

  1. Glad to see you seeking evolving as an artist - and themes are just one field to widen and deepen one's visualisation and search for an centre of expression.

    Now, if you were on G+, we would have the hashtag #threes and others could use the same hashtag, thus starting a joint collaboration

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd call the first one "The Magnificent Three". :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Recently stumbled across your blog and haven't been able to stop reading. Thanks so much for sharing your journey, your discoveries, failures, and triumphs. You've got a real talent for storytelling with images and of all the compliments I could give, I would offer you just three words ... keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! This is definitely a creative attempt to categorize your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome photo! Can share what lens you use for the photos?

    ReplyDelete